Sunday, March 4, 2012

Prarie Winds Art Center Photo Contest



I waited a long time for an opportunity to photograph Arcadia National Park.  Unfortunately, my visit  coincided with constant and fog.  The weather and forecast cut our visit short and we moved onto find dryer places in Maine. 

We arrived at Arcadia just before sunset and decided to drive around the park a little to look for a promising site to photograph at sunrise.  We stopped at Bubble Pond long enough to take a couple shots of the fall trees reflected in the water. 

I titled my favorite image "Fall Reflections".  I like it for the color and abstract qualities.  I find that it is a relaxing image that contributes to a peaceful mood.

I entered it in a photo competition at the Prairie Winds Art Center in Grand Island Nebraska.  Competition was more intense than I anticipated including at least one image that had already appeared in the National Geographic Magazine.  "Fall Reflections" received an Honorable Mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment