Tuesday, May 8, 2012

New Faces in the Fontenelle Forest Wetlands May 8 2012


I visited the Fontenelle Forest wetlands late this afternoon.  As they recover from the flood and food becomes available, the mammals are slowly returning.  I saw a large racoons and a deer, neither stayed around for a photograph.
.

This Baltimore Oriole was attracted the the water.  He has been trying to get his feathers back in place but isn't quite there yet.

The birds were attracted to ripe mulberries.  The mulberry trees had plenty of leaves and branches.  This Red-breasted Grosbeak was the best I could do under those conditions.

This Scarlet Tanager will never win any photo contest but it is the first one I've photographed in hundreds of visits.

I finally found a warbler - this Common Yellow-throat.  I heard others. 


This Northern Water-thrush flew into the trees when I approached.


The Lesser Yellow-legs continues to hunt for  bugs.
The Cedar Waxwings flocked in, ate mulberries and flocked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment