Saturday, March 29, 2014

Goose Goose Duck




I went to Squaw Creek to photograph Snow Geese and Bald Eagles again today. (March 12)

The geese were closer to shore today.  I used a 70-200mm lens for this shot.

Apparently the eagles were sick of goose.  Most of the Bald Eagles were gone.  I photographed this one in the early morning.

I photographed Bufflehead Ducks in the water.

The Bufflehead Ducks are tiny and fly very fast.

After taking a few shots of hundreds of thousands of geese, I decide to try to isolate individual geese.  It was harder than it should have been.  My Canon 1D Mark IV doesn't spot focus very well when it doesn't know which goose to focus on. 

I worked hard to try to isolate individual geese.  I had the best luck when I focused on a goose when there weren't any other geese around it, and then followed it as it flew into an area with thousands of geese.  This image is a good example of this selective focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment