Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring Has Finally Arrived



Last year Nebraska had the earliest spring on record.  This year it is extremely late.  Now that we've had several days in a row without snow, I'm confident that  spring has finally arrived.  

I thought I was ready for the warblers to arrive.   Apparently not!  My ability to spot and focus on warblers before they move on is rusty.  I thought I saw a warbler but it was long gone I had a photograph.  




I spent some time photographing a pair of Lesser Yellowlegs.


This Swamp Sparrow was singing on a branch near the water.  The branch still is partially covered with mud from the 2011 flood.


There were several kinds of duck in the water.  Several wood ducks flew out of a tree before they in camera range.  The image above is an American Coot coming in for a landing.  


A Harris Sparrow was searching for food among the newly sprouted plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment