Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Stare of the Snow Leopard




I'm drawn to the Snow Leopard each time I visit the Henry Doorly Zoo.  It is a rare and elusive cat that I will never have the opportunity to photograph in the wild.  I'm excited to see it.  I seldom get a good photo of it because it is confined to a relatively small cage that doesn't look anything like a natural environment.  I was pleased with the shot I took today.   I like the stalking pose, the intent look of the eyes and the plain background.  I have no doubt that only the glass wall prevented it from having me for lunch.

The Henry Doorly Zoo improves each year I visit.  Plans for new construction include a much better home for the Snow Leopard.


The Henry Doorly Zoo is home to five African Lion cubs this year.  They didn't stay small long.  Today, they were enjoying some time outdoors.


I could spend hours watching Jellyfish.  It's difficult to capture their beauty with a still photograph.  That didn't keep me from trying - I had a lot of unsuccessful attempts to delete when I downloaded these images.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Allen, you have an excellent capture of the snow leopard. I like the composition, pose, and B&W conversion. Well done!

    ReplyDelete