Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Green Heron Drops In May 26 2012



If this Green Heron had landed any closer, I wouldn't have been able to focus my lens.  I seldom see Green Herons here.  When they are around, they usually are hard to spot.


The Double-crested Cormorant is supposed to be common but I seldom see them here.


I spent some time in a grassland meadow.  This Dickcissel sat on the tallest available perch and called for a mate.


This female Red-winged Blackbird is perched on a marijuana plant.


A tiny bird was so annoyed by the Turkey Buzzards that it attacked.  The Turkey Buzzards were startled but returned to their perches.


Proud Canadian Goose parents take their goslings out for a brief swim.


A Rose-breasted Grosbeak adds color to the forest floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment