Monday, May 28, 2012

Birds are Everywhere Today - May 27 2012




The wetlands are recovering from the flooding much faster than I thought possible.  On change has been in the distribution of vegetation.  I've noticed that there is a bumper crop of wild marijuana this year.  Thistles are more common as well.  This goldfinch is using the thistle as a source of nesting material.


It's been a tough year for the snapping turtles.  The racoons are eating their eggs as soon as they lay them.  This big turtle attempted to hide from my camera.


I was surprised to see how large these Canada Goose goslings are already.


This female Red-breasted Grosbeak found a tasty treat attached to this branch.


I'm not sure what this bird is - some sort of Vireo is my best identification. 


1/200th of a second shutter speed was barely adequate to capture this Great Blue Heron taking off.


I normally avoid taking photos of the rear of birds.  This Catbird is an exception because it shows colorful feathers that are usually not seen.


The male Orchard Oriole was calling for any single female.


The Common Yellowthroat Warbler is an amazing singer.


This female Redstart attempted to hide in a bush.


This Red-winged Blackbird took a break to eat a few mulberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment