Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Busted

I spent some time photographing nature at Fontenelle Forest this morning.  When I returned to my vehicle, I found a ticket under my wiper.  Apparently I had violated two rules.  According to the ticket I had been trespassing and had been observed with a weapon - a compound bow.

I took the ticket to the headquarters building  to find out why I had been ticketed.  They were unable to get in touch with the person who wrote the ticket.  I called back later and spoke to him.  Apparently a member of the public - the friendly man with the two dogs who waved at me and wished me luck as I arrived - had reported me.  He said I was wearing a camouflage shirt (true), carrying a compound bow (false) and had a backpack with a blind (false but not a bad idea).  He assured management that he knew what a compound bow looked like.

Forest personnel went out looking for the hunter.  They didn't find me but did record the violation and write the ticket I found under my wiper.

The bottom line is that Fontenelle personnel wasted valuable time because the gentleman in the parking lot was more interested in reporting a violation than getting his facts straight.   While I received an apology for the ticket, I'm still annoyed because I wasn't shooting with a bow - I was shooting with a full automatic Canon.


I shot this Brown-headed Cowbird.


Some of the trees are starting to get leaves as shown in this photo of a Harris Sparrow.


The first spring flowers are starting to appear  along with the first flying insects. The mosquitoes cannot not be far behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment