Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Robins Have Arrived



Robins are a sure sign of spring in Nebraska.  I've seen them around for several weeks outside of my yard.   It was perched on a log with a small amount of light snow.  The early bird may get the worm but it's hard to pull a worm out of frozen ground.  My bird feeder was an attractive alternative so I was able to photograph this one in my backyard today (March 16). 

This curious House Sparrow is showing off its gray feather covered head as it decided when to hop down for a drink.  In freezing weather, unfrozen water is a welcome treat.

Blue Jays are attracted to the peanuts I provide.  They quickly fly away with every nut I put out.  This one is checking the floor of my deck in hopes of finding another fallen peanut.

No comments:

Post a Comment